Friday, November 6, 2009

Standin' in the need of prayer

We are currently studying the civil war ~ I have always enjoyed this spiritual. May you be blessed by it today too!

It’s me, it’s me, O Lord,
Standin’ in the need of prayer.


Not the preacher, nor the deacon, but it’s me, O Lord,
Standin’ in the need of prayer;


Not my father, nor my mother, but it’s me, O Lord,
Standin’ in the need of prayer.


Not the stranger, nor my neighbor, but it’s me, O Lord,
Standin’ in the need of prayer;


Not my brother, nor my sister, but it’s me, O Lord,
Standin’ in the need of prayer.



There are many things we like to THINK WE can do ~ we can't on our own, not without God! So often it seems easy to lift others needs up to the Almighty one because they aren't OUR struggles. We need to humble ourselves and invite him to work in OUR lives too.

Today may YOU come before our wonderful Father, lifting up your heart to HIM who can do more than we can ever ask or imagine.
We are all Standin’ in the need of prayer!

No comments: