One of our goals for the week was to help figure out what it takes to make a family mission trip work with The Community Crossings; finding the right balance between work, fun, and making sure the family has time to grow together and deepen their walk with the Lord. Serving as a family has lots of benefits one that we felt is you all come home with a shared experience, able to spur one another on when you return to the hum drum of daily life back home. Also time away from typical schedule of life allows you to have time together that often is not taken when at home.
The above picture is of the Community Crossing facility ~ the old high school was given to them! Its a wonderful place where lots of ministry happens. (I am still bewildered at how school buses ever got close, the streets are SO steep!)
We are considering going back and would like to take a crew of families with us .... so if you are interested let us know... it would be fun to serve with a bunch of families! We would likely go again fall of 2011. If you are interested in going sooner or helping with donations please contact Community Crossing ph 304-436-8300 or let me know and we can connect you!
Daily we met with Randy Wallace from Mustard Seeds & Mountains ministry,another local ministry. He is the author of Mission As Life a great book which we highly recommend all families read! Especially if your family is looking for a jump start to service or ministry. We enjoyed spending some time with him and being encouraged to not leave serving in West Virginia but to take it home and continue on in our hometown. A few highlights:
- Commune with God ~ spend time listening to His word and what he wants us to do
- Community ~ we can serve right were we are, it takes time, make sure to schedule it in!
- Compassion ~ it takes a heart that is willing to put others first and self last then DO IT
- Post a comment (make sure your email is in your comment so we can contact you if you win).
- If you want to get entered twice post a link to this on your blog and comment here that you linked it.
- If you really want the book you can comment again for a third opportunity to win, with a story about a mission/service project you have done or one you hope to do!
Thanks for all your support while we were off on this adventure! We pray that God continues to mold us into the servants HE wants us to be!