Wednesday, March 31, 2010

blessed

I am blessed.
Today amidst things not going as I had planned, it was a great day. I am a people person and my day was filled with just that. New friends and old, In-laws, brothers and sisters in Christ, and family. It helps that is was a beautiful sunny warm day too :)

Tonight, although I was not "in" the bible study group, (on baby duty) the ministry that God placed before me was a reminder that HIS plans NOT ours, are best. He had me right where He wanted me!!! Thank you Lord for using me right where I am. My heart goes out to those who are hurting today - hurting physically, emotionally and spiritually. My prayer is that you will find God's peace, love and healing and as you grow through the hard times.

I am praying that my ears are open to God's teaching and His help! May I shine brightly for Him and be an encouragement to those who are in need of His GRACE! I am so thankful for this lent season which God has used to draw me closer to Him.
May you seek him with open ears and heart this week.

Isaiah 50:4-9
4 The Sovereign LORD has given me an instructed tongue, to know the word that sustains the weary. He wakens me morning by morning, wakens my ear to listen like one being taught.

5 The Sovereign LORD has opened my ears, and I have not been rebellious; I have not drawn back.

6 I offered my back to those who beat me, my cheeks to those who pulled out my beard; I did not hide my face from mocking and spitting.

7 Because the Sovereign LORD helps me, I will not be disgraced. Therefore have I set my face like flint, and I know I will not be put to shame.

8 He who vindicates me is near. Who then will bring charges against me? Let us face each other! Who is my accuser? Let him confront me!

9 It is the Sovereign LORD who helps me. Who is he that will condemn me? They will all wear out like a garment; the moths will eat them up.


Matthew 26:14-25
14Then one of the Twelve—the one called Judas Iscariot—went to the chief priests 15and asked, "What are you willing to give me if I hand him over to you?" So they counted out for him thirty silver coins. 16From then on Judas watched for an opportunity to hand him over.
17On the first day of the Feast of Unleavened Bread, the disciples came to Jesus and asked, "Where do you want us to make preparations for you to eat the Passover?"
18He replied, "Go into the city to a certain man and tell him, 'The Teacher says: My appointed time is near. I am going to celebrate the Passover with my disciples at your house.' " 19So the disciples did as Jesus had directed them and prepared the Passover.

20When evening came, Jesus was reclining at the table with the Twelve. 21And while they were eating, he said, "I tell you the truth, one of you will betray me."
22They were very sad and began to say to him one after the other, "Surely not I, Lord?"
23Jesus replied, "The one who has dipped his hand into the bowl with me will betray me. 24The Son of Man will go just as it is written about him. But woe to that man who betrays the Son of Man! It would be better for him if he had not been born."
25Then Judas, the one who would betray him, said, "Surely not I, Rabbi?"
Jesus answered, "Yes, it is you."

No comments: