Thursday, March 25, 2010

SINning fingers...

So tonight when 6 yr old Eugene asked "so what do sinning fingers look like?" hmmm... I wondered if he was preparing to confess something!

We had gone to be fingerprinted today -- no not because we had "sinning fingers" :) just to update our foster license. He was still pondering all of it and wondering what would happen if our fingers had sin on them. Thankfully dad was in the car and he explained how they can find fingerprints at crime scenes and can match those up when they take peoples fingerprints. That is how they catch bad guys, they want to make sure we have "clean fingers" to take care of children. Eugene may try to be more careful where he leaves his fingerprints ~ like NOT on the cookie jar :) One more way our amazing God has made us all unique!

Made me think of something I heard this Sunday in church... "GOD can keep you from sin... or sin can keep you from GOD" and yesterdays NT passage on FREEDOM! We DO have sin on our hearts and maybe even our hands ~ the blood of Jesus wipes your record clean with his redeeming love. THANK YOU JESUS for cleaning our fingers!!!


Genesis 17:3-9
3 Abram fell facedown, and God said to him, 4 "As for me, this is my covenant with you: You will be the father of many nations. 5 No longer will you be called Abram; your name will be Abraham, for I have made you a father of many nations. 6 I will make you very fruitful; I will make nations of you, and kings will come from you. 7 I will establish my covenant as an everlasting covenant between me and you and your descendants after you for the generations to come, to be your God and the God of your descendants after you. 8 The whole land of Canaan, where you are now an alien, I will give as an everlasting possession to you and your descendants after you; and I will be their God." 9 Then God said to Abraham, "As for you, you must keep my covenant, you and your descendants after you for the generations to come.

John 8:51-59

51I tell you the truth, if anyone keeps my word, he will never see death."

52At this the Jews exclaimed, "Now we know that you are demon-possessed! Abraham died and so did the prophets, yet you say that if anyone keeps your word, he will never taste death. 53Are you greater than our father Abraham? He died, and so did the prophets. Who do you think you are?"

54Jesus replied, "If I glorify myself, my glory means nothing. My Father, whom you claim as your God, is the one who glorifies me. 55Though you do not know him, I know him. If I said I did not, I would be a liar like you, but I do know him and keep his word. 56Your father Abraham rejoiced at the thought of seeing my day; he saw it and was glad."

57"You are not yet fifty years old," the Jews said to him, "and you have seen Abraham!"

58"I tell you the truth," Jesus answered, "before Abraham was born, I am!" 59At this, they picked up stones to stone him, but Jesus hid himself, slipping away from the temple grounds.

No comments: