Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Tuesday Training

Another convention season is quickly approaching so we had "training" today~ for those of you who are new here our family is on staff with a homeschool curriculum company and we are blessed to be able to travel as a family to conventions where we set up a booth, speak and share what we love about My Father's World. (you may enjoy seeing the picture on the main page if you click this link - but remember the "REST OF THE STORY!") As we are gearing up for at least 10 conventions this spring we are excited and nervous all at the same time ~ this will be our first year traveling with a baby!

We look forward to sharing some of the fun with you along the way ~ about 10,000 miles that is! Should we be in your area we'd love to stop and say hi! We will be traveling to NE, MO, GA, (2x) MI, WI, IL, CO, TX (2x), TN, And if you think of us in the next few months we'd appreciate your prayers -- for safe travels, for cooperation and for most importantly for opportunities to share God's love with others.

Onto today's lent FEAST, don't miss the challenge at the bottom!
Numbers 21:4-9
4 They traveled from Mount Hor along the route to the Red Sea, to go around Edom. But the people grew impatient on the way; 5 they spoke against God and against Moses, and said, "Why have you brought us up out of Egypt to die in the desert? There is no bread! There is no water! And we detest this miserable food!"

6 Then the LORD sent venomous snakes among them; they bit the people and many Israelites died. 7 The people came to Moses and said, "We sinned when we spoke against the LORD and against you. Pray that the LORD will take the snakes away from us." So Moses prayed for the people.

8 The LORD said to Moses, "Make a snake and put it up on a pole; anyone who is bitten can look at it and live." 9 So Moses made a bronze snake and put it up on a pole. Then when anyone was bitten by a snake and looked at the bronze snake, he lived.

I pray that I am able to be content with what God has for me - Jer. 29:11 kept coming to mind!

John 8:21-30

21Once more Jesus said to them, "I am going away, and you will look for me, and you will die in your sin. Where I go, you cannot come."

22This made the Jews ask, "Will he kill himself? Is that why he says, 'Where I go, you cannot come'?"

23But he continued, "You are from below; I am from above. You are of this world; I am not of this world. 24I told you that you would die in your sins; if you do not believe that I am the one I claim to be, you will indeed die in your sins."

25"Who are you?" they asked.

"Just what I have been claiming all along," Jesus replied. 26"I have much to say in judgment of you. But he who sent me is reliable, and what I have heard from him I tell the world."

27They did not understand that he was telling them about his Father. 28So Jesus said, "When you have lifted up the Son of Man, then you will know that I am the one I claim to be and that I do nothing on my own but speak just what the Father has taught me. 29The one who sent me is with me; he has not left me alone, for I always do what pleases him." 30Even as he spoke, many put their faith in him.

I want to challenge you -- if you have never fasted -- considering giving something up for a week, there is a little over week left in lent. Pray about it allow God to speak to your heart! Fasting from lunches has been a very blessed time of growth for me and our family this year and we are REALLY anticipating Easter and breaking of our fast! If you started a fast but got off track you can start again its ok! Let us know so we can pray for God to work in your life too!

Blessings,

Amy and the whole Quak Flock :)


No comments: